Saturday, July 31, 2010

Who says a liberal arts education doesn't pay?

I often hear that a liberal arts education is pointless. After all, what can you really do with a degree in, say, history? Isn't it better to pursue a more defined skill set, like nursing? Or engineering? Nursing and engineering are great, but as the proud recipient of a fine liberal arts education I know that the history courses I took in college taught me how to think and learn and prepared me for a whole host of different employment possibilities.

According to this report in the Kansas City Business Journal, a liberal arts education from one particular KC school can be quite lucrative. With a median starting pay of $47,100 and a mid-career median pay level of $87,000, it's clear that a liberal arts education is definitely something worth pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment