Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Scams of the Week: May 25, 2011

Blogger was messed up a bit this week and last, so this post is a bit late.  There will also be much more information in our newsletter to come out on Thursday.


Google Impersonators - Kansas City is going to be hit especially hard soon, so we're warning you all early.  The Kansas City area will be the only place on earth with Google Broadband for a while.  We will see fake promotions, sweepstakes, and especially "job opportunities."  We've already heard from people who have been contacted about fake Google job opportunities making $900 a day from home. They call from 1-888-244-5458.

4 the Glory Charity - They advertise that people who struggle with finances can get up to $1000 in aid. They claim that they have helped "thousands of people," but they just popped up in March.  That means they would have already given away a minimum of $1,000,000 in two months to substantiate their claim. Not likely.  They also ask for social security numbers of their applicants and their applicants' children.  The site is not secure.

10 comments:

  1. This internet site "4theglorycharity.com (800)791-2174 address 1200 G ST NW Washington, DC 20005 is advertising the exact claim-down to every word-asking social security numbers of their applicants and their applicants children. When you call the number it is a recorded message saying if you are selected they will call you within 72 hours. I had contacted the Washington, DC Better Business Bureau to find out if they were legitimate-they had no information regarding that company. Can someone from the Better Business Bureau research this to find out if this is the same scam occuring in Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I read this I was just finna give all my information on me and my kids to this company I'm glad I didn't thanks BBB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you for the info. I was just about to submit my info and I thought about checking up on them first. It's a shame that people are taking advantage of needy families in these stressful financial times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave my personal information and now I'm terrified of the outcome. Who do I need to contact legally for help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can always file a complaint with us. You can also contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3.gov)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!!! i just gave my info away aswell ic3.gov you say? ok im on it

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS IS A DISGRACE. WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave my childrens and my info as well into thinking it was legit but now it seems that someone has already filed my kids on their taxes what can I do about this can some one help me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I filled out the form and gave my daughters info but I realized I put her social in wrong....thank god....that's horrible though, who does that. Scams ppl in their vulnerable times just to get a bigger tax return. Be safe and do your research is all I can say about the internet these days.

    ReplyDelete