Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Charity Wednesdays - A Shout Out to the Mission Police Department

No, they did not let me slide on a traffic ticket.  I don't ever speed when I'm in Mission.  Everyone knows that is wrong.  I only speed in Leawood.  They need my money more.

This morning, however, I did get a very interesting tour of the Mission Police Department, as part of an event with the NE Johnson County Chamber of Commerce.  In addition to learning quite a bit about police vehicles, traffic stops, and police weapons, we were informed that the public is welcome to join the police when they do their twice-yearly DUI stings. 

What a perfect opportunity to educate your teenagers on what NOT to do when they're driving.  My own kids are still playing with Hot Wheels cars, so it will be a few years before I can take the Mission Police Department up on their offer.  But if any of our loyal readers work with teenagers, I suggest you call Mission and see when their next DUI sting is.  We will all be safer for your efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment