Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Charity Wednesdays - 5 Words that Can Increase Donations

This is interesting.  The results of an experiment conducted during a radio pledge drive in Indiana suggest that women give more when their charitable action is described as caring, compassionate, helpful, friendly, or kind

While those words do not have the same affect on men, I think I know why it works with us ladies.  We always hope that what we do for others is appreciated, and that it does actually help them.  Words that express that mean something.  In the same way that I'll spend more on a toy I know my son will play with, I'll give more to a charity if I'm assured that my $50 or $100 gift is actually something they can use.

And I have no idea why that doesn't work on men. Any thoughts on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment